Welcome to the Dairy Australia Image Gallery.
This shared resource contains digital images for use by Dairy Australia to support and promote the function of Dairy Australia and the Australian dairy industry. Not-for-profit partner organisations are welcome to apply for access. Media requests for images should be directed through Media@dairyaustralia.com.au
Naming people and products in captions: Most agreements that we have with photographic subjects state that they will not be named in our captions. Names appear in the descriptions in this database for administrative purposes. Do not name the subject without permission. Dairy Australia must not be seen to be promoting particular brands, so do not name brands in captions without good reason.
Search by browsing albums or keyword search. For keyword searches just start typing and then choose from the keywords offered. Be aware that AI has applied some of the keywords (those shown in green on the detailed view) and they may not be an accurate description of the image. An instructional video for using the Dairy Image Gallery is available for Dairy Australia staff.
Video resources are available at the Dairy Australia YouTube Channel
Where else to look for images:
If you can't find the image that you want here, have a look at the following; but please do not use images from the sites below to illustrate on-farm scenes in DA publications:
* Trove, which is a gateway to Australian image collections and is especially good for historical images. Check Terms and Conditions for each image.
* DA staff can talk to DA's graphic design team about Shutterstock images.
* https://search.creativecommons.org/ helps you search for free to use images and gives you the text for attribution.
* This blog suggests some free stock image websites.
* If you use Google images make sure that you check usage rights. You can do an Advanced search to filter results according to usage rights. See Think before you use images article.
Don't forget to give appropriate attribution for any images that you use from external sites, even if they are free.